Papaya Handmade Soap
Handmade soap with a delicate, fruity papaya aroma. . It moisturizes and lubricates the skin and prevents water loss. It leaves a lasting, appetizing and unusual scent.
Materials / Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laurate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Lauric Acid, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, parfum, Papaveronniferum, Papaveronniferum, Papaveronniferum , CI 77891, CI 18050, CI 42090, CI 19140
DIY soap mold - simple, quick and cheap
What does a soap mold consist of?
You do not need any special equipment to make a soap mold. All you need to do is get a board and connecting elements. You can find it all at Woodie's.
a board 8 cm wide and at least 1.4 m long (1 pc.)
connecting screw 13 cm long (3 pcs.)
butterflies for twisting the screw (3 pcs.)
washers for screws (3 pcs.)
A soap mold made according to the instructions below is ideally suited to a recipe containing 1 kg of fats. About 12-13 100-gram cubes come out of this volume.
How to make a soap mold?
Follow the steps below to enjoy your handmade form:
- Measure with a ruler and mark the appropriate dimensions on the board: 3 × 40 cm (board length) + 2x6 cm (dividers)
- Cut the board
- Make holes - in the two side boards with 3 holes, and in the bottom board one hole across its entire width
- Fold the mold - first, put two side boards against the bottom board, then insert the screws and twist them
Ready dimensions after folding:
- external: 40 cm (length), 12 cm (width), 8 cm (height)
- internal: 32 cm (length), 8 cm (width), 6 cm (height)
Advantages of a wooden mold for soap
There are several significant advantages of a handmade wooden mold:
- flexibility - you decide what dimensions your soap will have (it has a direct impact on the pleasure of using soap, personally I like soaps up to 8 cm wide)
- aesthetics - your soaps will have even sides
- price - making such a form is low cost
- material - the elements for making soap can be found in the basement or you can easily buy it in a DIY store
- convenience - the wooden form is easy to clean
You must line the wooden form with baking paper. Otherwise, the soap will stick to the mold. I also tested the breakfast paper, but it failed the test.
As you can see, making your own mold for soap is not difficult at all. I hope that with this post I inspired you to make your own mold and you will get rid of the excuse that you do not have the right equipment to make your own soap. However, if you do not know if you will love your new hobby, remember that you can always start with a milk box or a silicone cake mold.
In addition, if you have any questions, feel free to write in the comment section of the post. Good luck!